Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

Day 8 of 21

Dieting's a funny thing.
It can take weeks or even months to get in the zone.
Every night I would go to bed thinking tomorrow will be different.
I won't taste test any baking.
I won't have a pre-dinner drink.
I will go for a walk.
Next night I would say it all again.

And then finally, one day I start and I'm away.
One week in and the resolve is strong.
I'm no longer hungry and not thinking about food so much.

Breakfast this morning was a berry smoothie.


Berry nice!
(sorry)

Popcorn made a pleasant change for morning tea
and lunch was a lentil, tuna and tomato salad.


A little bland, not sure I'll be knocking the door down for that one again.

Dinner was a knockout however.


Crunchy chicken salad cups.
And you get to have three.


And they were beautiful.
I'll make them again, as I'm sure the kids would even love them.

And I went for my walk, in the slop again, after another two inches of rain over the weekend.

Day 8, done and dusted!
Eight down, thirteen to go.

1 comment:

  1. now those chicken cup things look quite delish! and after a weekend of not following the ww thing (very hard to do when running around setting up halls for balls, missing meals and not drinking water...and then having lunch at the inlaws/babysitters where she brings out caramel tart!)have found it hard to get back on track today...went for a walk this arvo and promptly got soaking wet in a heavy little sunshower - quite refreshing! but still not inches of rain - had 140 points sat/sunday. nowhere near sloshy!

    loving following this little journey with you Fiona, its great that you are sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete