Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Day 3 of 21

Three days in and still unbearably hungry between meals.  Obviously my high protein lifestyle of days gone by was far more satisfying than this.  The meals are really enjoyable, not my ususal fare and I'm really enjoying the recipes and the opportunity to use different ingredients to my normal humdrum.

Breakfast was meant to be Mango Lassi, unfortunately I didn't have access to mangoes, so substituted banana and made more of a Smoothie.


Morning tea allowed two corn thins with tomato, more satisfying than the fruit morning tea of the past two days.

Lunch was roast beef and coleslaw on rye bread.  I didn't have roast beef so shaved some slices off some leftover fillet steak.
Yum!


Seriously!

And then for dinner, Sumac fish with couscous salad.  As I'd been unable to find Sumac spice in the supermarket last town trip, I substituted Cajun spice... which worked quite nicely.


The warm couscous salad with added red onion, garlic, zucchini and grape tomatoes was really tasty. And filling.
Hallelujah!

Drank two lites of water today.
Couldn't walk .... again.
A for effort though.  Was putting my socks on to go, when down came an enormous downpour, grounding me yet again.

Day 3, done and dusted.
Three down, eighteen to go!

1 comment:

  1. Bummer not being able to get out and walk; I think the walking has been the main contributor to G's weight loss. You'll just have to get out there and do some power walking when it's dry enough - walk twice as hard and twice as far, swing those arms and stride out to make up for lost days! The food all looks great - do you have to continue on the "new" food after the 21 days? What are the the rest of the Team eating - the same as you or the 'high protein' regular foods?

    ReplyDelete